Tuesday 12 February 2008

Prosperity?


I love this video.

I had to watch it many times to grasp the fullness of it. God is glorified through the afflictions of life. God is glorious when persecution comes. God is glorious when He removes every temporal blessing- it's then we realise that every spiritual blessing is our in Jesus. The Lord gives and takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord; He is our strength and portion forever!

Heresy is a thief that steals our joy. We have to hate heresy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you still disagree with what he prays at the end...

"I pray that this UCF may be marked by suffering"???

Simon said...

Yeah I still disagree with his comment.

Praying for our persecution is asking God to move people to sin, to trangress his law. I beleive we should pray for God to refine and test the church in whatever he wants. If that comes through persecution then let it be.