Saturday 2 February 2008

Perseverance of the Saints

'All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.'- Jesus from John 6v37-39

'I am persuaded that neither life nor death, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor death, nor any other created thing, shall be able to seperate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.'- Paul from Romans 8v38-39

'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.'-Peter from 1 Peter 1v3-5

'The gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable'-Paul from Romans 11v29

'In our first paradise in Eden there was a way to go out but no way to go in again. But as for the heavenly paradise, there is a way to go in, but not a way to go out.'- Richard Baxter

'I do not know how some people, who believe that a Christian can fall from grace, manage to be happy. It must be a very commendable thing in them to be able to get through a day without despair. If I did not believe in the doctrine of the final perseverance of the saints, I think I should be of all men most miserable, because I should lack any ground of comfort.'- Charles Spurgeon

'Though Christians be not kept altogether from falling, yet they are kept from falling altogether.'- William Secker.

No comments: