Reading through Paul Tripp's twitter feed has been a massive blessing. Here are a few of what I think are his best tweets...
- If the righteousness of Christ is my hope, then I am freed from any need to polish and display my own.
- Christ fulfilled the law's requirement, not so you would be a law breaker, but one who celebrates the grace that enables you to keep it.
- The greatest threat to the church isn't atheism or materialism, but moralism that celebrates a righteousness that doesn't come from Christ.
- Admitting you are a sinner means running from your tendency to defend, excuse, or shift the blame for what God clearly says is wrong.
- Why is legalism dangerous? It makes you think you're more righteous than you are and that you don't need grace as much as you do.